Wallowa County, Oregon Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Biography
- 4.2 Cemeteries (Rural)
- 4.3 Census
- 4.4 Church History and Records
- 4.5 Court Records
- 4.6 Gazetteers
- 4.7 Land and Deeds
- 4.8 History
- 4.9 Maps
- 4.10 Military History and Records
- 4.11 Newspapers
- 4.12 Periodicals
- 4.13 Probate Records
- 4.14 Schools
- 4.15 Taxation
- 4.16 Vital Records
- 4.17 Societies, Libraries, Museums
- 5 References
Wallowa County Courthouse
101 S. River Street
Enterprise, OR 97828
11 February 1887: Wallowa county was created from Union County.
Named for Wallowa River. Lewis and Clark Expedition journals recorded Wil-le-wahas the name.
- Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Wallowa County Court House as of July 2004.
- Record Loss:
Places / Localities
Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- 35 years on Smith Mountain 
- My days in northeast Oregon : a memoir of wagon trains & pack strings in the 1890s 
- Angel from Paradise : the life & times of a Wallowa County cowboy 
- Of men and mountains 
Asotin County, Washington, cemeteries; some Garfield and Columbia County, Washington and Wallowa County, Oregon cemeteries : their history and headstone inscriptions 
Church History and Records
- Origin of Wallowa County place names 
Land and Deeds
- About Wallowa County: people, places, images   
- An Illustrated history of Union and Wallowa counties: with a brief outline of the early history of the state of Oregon     -(LAR)
- The old and the new: history of the post offices of Wallowa County  
- The Wallowa country, 1867-1877   
- The History of Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Historical sketches of Wallowa National Forest 
- Reminiscences of Wallowa County 
- Wallowa, the land of winding waters  
- Carving the north end wilderness : Flora 
- Bits of Wallowa County lore 
- This valley : (Wallowa Valley) 
- The flora country; the hardships and struggles of the Matt Devin family as pioneers in northern Wallowa County, Oregon. 
- Gateway to the Wallowas 
- From The Wallowas 
- Pioneering in the Wallowas : four frontier tales 
- Heritage of the Wallowas : life as it was 
- Wallowa County, the Northwest's most scenic area; a land of beauty and opportunity 
- Memories : a nostalgic look at life in northeast Oregon 
- Wallowa County, Oregon : a capsule history 
- The story of Wallowa Lake 
- The forgotten grist and flour mills of Wallowa County, Oregon : a history of the eight grist or flour mills that have operated in Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Map of Wallowa County, Oregon, 1922 
Military History and Records
- Signal mountain : Wallowa County's own historical magazine 
- School days in the Wallowas : a history of the ninety-one schools and communities, past and present, of Wallowa County, Oregon 
- Wallowa County, Oregon, marriage records, 1887-1983 
Societies, Libraries, Museums
- "FHLC US/CAN Book 979 V3w"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2baw"
- "FHLC Film 1597664 Item 7"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2b"
- "FHLC Book 979.573 H2ba"
- http://summit.worldcat.org/oclc/31939388 [Summit]