Warren County, Iowa Genealogy
Guide to Warren County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Warren County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||January 13, 1846|
Warren County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1846--Warren County was created 13 January 1846 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Mahaska County prior to organization 10 February 1849. County seat: Indianola 
- 1856 Warren County Census missing (?)
- Warren County Cemeteries list as found in Cemetery and Death Records of Warren County, Iowa by the Warren County Genealogical Society, 1980
- Warren County gravestones Iowa gravestone project
- 1850 Warren County, Iowa
- 1853 Warren County, Iowa State Census
- 1860 Warren County, Iowa link to index pages and transcriptions
- Fold3.com ($) has Des Moines City Directories 1881-1913 (2 yrs. missing) and miscellaneous years going back to 1866 available online.
- 1875 Patrons of the Iowa State Atlas (Warren County)
- 1875 Warren County Business Directory
- 1879 City Directories for Warren County link to index of City's indexed and mapped
- History of Warren County, Iowa (Des Moines: Union Historical Company, 1879) Bioindex, all 644 bios online
- History of Warren County, Iowa...to 1908, by Rev. W. C. Martin. Chicago: S. J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1908. - index, 27 bios online
- Altoona Public Library Archives, Polk County (1876-2000)
- Johnston Historical Society Archive, Polk County (1970-2007)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Des Moines newspapers. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Iowa Genweb: Warren County
- Rootsweb: Warren County message board
- Warren County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).