Washington County, Rhode Island Genealogy
|Washington County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1729|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Named for George Washington, the American Revolutionary general, and first president of the United States.
- Washington County is more commonly known as "South County."
- Renamed Washington County 29 October 1781.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Clickable Town Map
Vital Records Office
4800 Tower Hill Road
Wakefield, RI 02879
Tel. # 401-841-8350
Note: Colonial records: contact the town clerk's office in the town where the event occured.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Washington County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Washington County.