Washington County, Rhode Island Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:58, 17 September 2008 by Dsammy (added website)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Named for George Washington, the American Revolutionary general, and first president of the United States.
- Washington County is more commonly known as "South County."
- Formed in 3 June 1729 as Kings County from part of Providence Plantations.
- Renamed Washington County 29 October 1781.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Washington County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County.
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Washington Count.