Washington County, Vermont Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Washington County Courthouse
65 State Street, Montpelier, VT
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 426, Montpelier, VT 05601-0426
Washington County; PO Box 426; Montpelier, VT 05602-0426; Ph. 802.223.2091 Details: (Formerly Jefferson Co. Name changed to Washington 8 Nov 1814) (Secretary of State, Montpelier has b, m & d rec; Co Clk has div & ct rec; Pro Ct has pro rec; Twn & City Clks have land rec)
Towns Organized Before 1800:
- Renamed 8 November 1814 from Jefferson County, Vermont. 
Places / Localities
Hope Cemetery, Barre BillionGraves
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Washington County
- The Washington County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County
- Northeast KIngdom Genealogy for the counties of Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans. It also has some limited information for some surrounding areas.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].