Washington Plantation, Maine
Washington is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the South Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. Washington Plantation was originally organized as a portion of Number Four Plantation created from part of Carthage in 1849. In 1858 Perkins Plantation was set off from the largest portion of Number Four Plantation, and in 1860 the small remainder was used to form Washington Plantation.  The Washington plantation organization was surrendered a few year before 1900, and has since been unorganized territory.
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.:
- Washington Township, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 107 (digital p. 116). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- Historical U.S. Census Totals for Franklin County, Maine in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia (accessed 24 June 2013).