Waterford, New York
|Waterford, New York|
Location in Saratoga County
Saratoga County's location in the state of New York
|Address||65 Broad St, Waterford, NY 12188|
40 Middletown Road, Waterford, NY Cemetery Phone: 518-237-4023 Parishioners from St. Joseph's Parish, 65 Congress Street, Cohoes, NY are buried in this cemetery.
Middletown Rd, Waterford, NY
Middletown Rd, Waterford, NY Contact St. Michael's Parish, 36 Page Avenue, Cohoes, NY Parish Phone: 518-237-5151
Photos of gravestones in Waterford Rural Cemetery are in New York Gravestones.org
Genealogical Resources: History of Waterford, NY
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Waterford Public Library
117 Third Street
Waterford, NY 12188-1939
Phone: (518) 237-0891
Fax: (518) 237-2568
Waterford Historical Museum & Cultural Center
2 Museum Lane
Waterford, NY 12188
Phone: (518) 238-0809
Saratoga County Historical Society
Waterford Maritime Historical Society
Genealogical Resources: Site dedicated to the use of the canal system throughout the area. Waterford is known as "The Gateway to the New York State Canal System".
Waterford Town Clerk
Darlene a. Dziarcak
Waterford Town Hall
65 Broad Street
Waterford, NY 12188
The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
Waterford Town Historian
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Waterford, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- Marriage book of Wm. Putnam Rallson FHL Collection
William Rallson kept records of marriages for the following towns and years: Keeseville, 1873-1874; Essex, 1874-1875; Waterford, 1879-1880; Jonesville, 1880-1883, 1900-1902; Gloversville, 1883-1886; Mechanicville, 1886-1892; Salem, 1892-1896; Rupert, Vt., 1897; Brandon, Vt., 1898-1899; Vergennes, Vt. 1888-1892; Ferrisburg, Vt. 1888-1892; Schoharie, 1903-1904; Guilderland, 1905-1908; Richmondville, 1908-1912.