Watford England Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Watford Family History Centre serves areas within Bucks and Herts.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Hempstead Road, Watford, Herts
- Parking is at the back of the building down the steep driveway. Access to the Family History Centre is usually via the set of doors nearest to the road, and facing the driveway.
- location on Map
Phone: 01923 251471
- First Thursday of every month 11am - 5pm
- First Friday of every month 7pm - 9pm
- First Saturday of every month 10am - 1pm
- Most Tuesdays 10am - 1pm and 7 - 9:30pm
- Wednesdays term time 7:30pm - 9pm
Please Phone to confirm opening times and to pre-book the use of any equipment.
If closed, the nearest Family History Centre is at Hyde Park Chapel, 64-68 Princes Gate, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2PA. Website: http://www.londonfhc.org/
Closed on all Bank Holidays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers
- 4 microfilm readers
- 4 microfiche readers
- 1 printer (nominal charge of 20p per copy to cover supplies)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)