Wayne County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:58, 30 November 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County CourthouseWayne County Courthouse
609 Azalea Dr;
Waynesboro, MS 39367-0000
Clerk Chancery Court has marriage, burial, divorce
probate, court and land records. 
The county is named after Revolutionary War General "Mad" Anthony Wayne (1745-1796).
For tips on accessing Wayne County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Wayne County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wayne County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company H - McGriff’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wayne County, Mississippi page 383, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).