Wayne County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:15, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
Template:Mississippi-stub United States > Mississippi > Wayne County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The county is named after Revolutionary War General "Mad" Anthony Wayne (1745-1796).
- Civil War service men from Wayne County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wayne County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company H - McGriff’s Company
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).