Wayne County, Nebraska Genealogy
Wayne County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Wayne County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Wayne County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 4, 1871|
|Address|| Wayne County Courthouse|
510 N. Pearl Street
P.O. Box 248
Wayne, Nebraska 68787-1939
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Wayne County Courthouse
510 N Pearl Street
PO Box 248
Wayne, Ne 68787-1939
County judge has marriage, probate and court records from 1871.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
County Clerk has land records from 1870. 
1871--Wayne County was created 4 March 1871 from unorganized territory. County seat: Wayne 
For tips on accessing Wayne County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wayne County, Nebraska page 435, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Anthony Wayne," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).