Wayne County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Wayne County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Wayne County Courthouse
215 S William Street
P O Box 267
Goldsboro, NC 27530-4824
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death burial and land records
Clerk Superior Courth has divoce, probate and court records
1779--Wayne County was created from Dobbs County. Dobbs County was abolished in 1791.
County seat: Goldsboro 
Some of the early records are missing.
For tips on accessing Wayne County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Mount Olive
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battles were fought in Wayne County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Carolina.
Civil War Confederate units
Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wayne County, North Carolina. Page 514 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Anthony Wayne," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 8 August, 2012)
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August, 2012)