Wayne County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Wayne County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Wayne County North Carolina
215 S William Street
P O Box 267
Goldsboro, NC 27530-4824
Reg of Deeds has b,m,d, bur and land rec
Clk Sup Ct has div, pro & ct rec
Wayne was created from Dobbs 18 Oct 1779
1779--Wayne County was created from Dobbs County. Dobbs County was abolished in 1791.
County seat: Goldsboro 
Some of the early records are missing.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Mount Olive
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- "Anthony Wayne," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).