Weber County, Utah LDS Church Stakes and Wards
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:42, 2 April 2013 by Wyzer17 (added stakes and wards)
Stakes in Weber County, 1930
- Ogden Stake, Utah
- Boundaries: that part of Weber County, Utah, which is bounded on the north by Box Elder and Cache counties, east by the Wasatch Mountains (east of Ogden Valley), south, part of the way, by Morgan County, and further west by 24th St., Ogden (which separates it from Mount Ogden, Utah and west by Washington Avenue, Ogden.
- Wards, 1930: Eden, Huntsville, Liberty, Middleton, North Ogden, Ogden 4th, Ogden 6th, Ogden 7th, Ogden 8th, Ogden 13th, Ogden 20th and Pleasant View.
- Mount Ogden Stake, Utah
- Boundaries: bounded on the north by 24th St., which separates it from the Ogden Stake, Utah and on the east by the mountains. On the south the stake extends to and includes a part of Davis County, Utah, and on the west to Washington Avenue, Ogden, from the southern limits of the city to 28th St., and to Adams Avenue from 28th to 24th streets.
- Wards, 1930: Ogden 5th, Ogden 9th, Ogden 12th, Ogden 14th, Ogden 17th, Ogden 18th, South Weber (in Davis County) and Uintah (partly in Weber and partly in Davis County).
- Weber Stake, Utah
- Boundaries: southwest part of the city of Ogden and vicinity. Northward the stake extends to 24th St., eastward to Washington Avenue, southward, beyond the Davis County boundary line to include Clinton Ward, and westward to the Great Salt Lake.
- Wards, 1930: Clinton, Hooper, Kanesville, Ogden lst, Ogden 2nd, Ogden 11th, Ogden 19th, Riverdale, Roy.
Alpha list of wards in the county
Click on a ward below for records at the FamilySearch Library. For boundaries and a history timeline for a ward, click to the 1930 stake (list above).
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 613-614
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 545-546
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 931-932.