West Horndon with Ingrave, Essex Genealogy
|West Horndon with Ingrave, Essex|
Ingrave St Nicholas Essex contributor Peter Stack
|Poor Law Union||Billericay|
|Parish registers: 1560; Separate registers exist for Ingrave beginning 1678|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639 only, then included with Ingrave beginning 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Parish History =
West Horndon with Ingrave is also known as Hordon (West), or West Thorndon, it is a parish in Billericay district, Essex; it is 2 miles SE of Brentwood railway station. The post town is, Brentwood. It has so a Roman Catholic chapel. It is united with Ingrave which is a village with a parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online images are available Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office St Nicholas Ingrave
Also Thorndon Hall
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72). Adapted 15 May 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.