What will I find in probate records?
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 13:47, 13 October 2010 by Pipkincm (clean up)
You may find the following information in probate records:
- Person's exact death date
- Names of the family members
- Family relationships
- Names of spouses of children
- Adoption or guardianship of minor children or dependents
- Worth of the property and land holdings
- Evidence of occupation, religion, or military service
Szucs, Loretto Dennis and Sandra Hargreaves Luebking. The Source A Guidebook to American Genealogy. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2006.