Whiteside County, Illinois Genealogy
|Whiteside County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 16, 1836|
|Address|| 200 E. Knox Street|
Morrison, IL 61270-2698
|Named for: Samuel Whiteside|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1836--Whiteside County was created 16 January 1836 from Jo Daviess and Henry Counties. County seat: Morrison 
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives alist of cemeteries in Whiteside County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Whiteside Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Whiteside County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Whiteside County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Whiteside County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Whiteside County.
The website of the Whiteside County Clerk explains how to order birth, marriage, and death records.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- Whiteside County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).