Difference between revisions of "Whitstone, Cornwall Genealogy"
(pr search box)
m (Text replace - "Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search)" to "Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch")
|Line 137:||Line 137:|
Images of parish registers are available online
Images of parish registers are available online Images refer to [[Cornwall Record Office]] reference: P 252
=== Cornwall Online Parish Clerks ===
=== Cornwall Online Parish Clerks ===
Revision as of 15:55, 15 August 2014
Guide to Whitstone, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St Anne's Church, Whitstone
|Poor Law Union||Stratton|
|Parish registers: 1663|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Rural Deanery||Trigg Major|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
WHITSTONE, a parish, in the union and hundred of Stratton, E. division of Cornwall, 7 miles (S. S. E.) from Stratton. There is a meetinghouse for Bryanites.
Whitsone St Anne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall
The church has its own cemetery, but also has a separate cemetery for those people who do not attend the Church (given to the village in 1926).
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Whitstone, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Whitstone, Cornwall Genealogy Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1597-1631, 1663-1904||1597-1631, 1663-1906||1597-1631, 1663-1900|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 252
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/t_z/whitstone.php
The history, registers and much more have been contributed by the Online Parish clerk for Whitstone .
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241273.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 555-557. Date accessed: 20 March 2013
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.