Wilkinson County, Mississippi Genealogy
Guide to Wilkinson County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Concordia Parish, Louisiana
- East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
- West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
For tips on accessing Wilkinson County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
Wilkinson County Inventories & Account Index, 1808-1834 (Vols. 1-8) is an index to the court minutes rather than the Inventories & Accounts volumes. The binding does state Inventories & Accounts, but records were found in the court minutes.
- Civil War service men from Wilkinson County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wilkinson County.
- - 4th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company I - Stockdale Rangers
- - 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry [from the 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry]
- Company I - Wilkinson Guards, aka Capt. J.E. Martin’s Company [was also attached to the 4th/34th Tennessee Infantry]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wilkinson County, Mississippi page 383, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).