Windham County, Vermont Genealogy
- This article is about a county in Vermont. For other uses, see Windham (disambiguation).
Guide to Windham County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Windham County, New Hampshire|
Location of New Hampshire in the U.S.
|Founded||February 22, 1781|
|Address|| Windham County Courthouse|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 207, Newfane, VT 05345-0207
Windham County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and land records; County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1825; Probate Judge has probate records.
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Places / Localities
Land and Property
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has North Adams, MA newspapers (1895-1977) covering local news that included Windham County residents.
There are two Windham County Probate Districts
- Marlboro District - Brattleboro, Dover, Dummerston, Guilford, Halifax, Marlboro, Newfane, Somerset, Stratton, Vernon, Wardsboro, Whitingham and Wilmington.
- Westminster District - Athens, Brookline, Grafton, Jamaica, Londonderry, Putney, Rockingham (including Bellows Falls), Townshend, Westminster and Windham.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Windham County
- The Windham County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Windham County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 699, Windham County, Vermont. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 394-95. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.