Windham County, Vermont Genealogy
- This article is about a county in Vermont. For other uses, see Windham (disambiguation).
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 207, Newfane, VT 05345-0207
Windham County; PO Box 207; Newfane, VT 05345-0207; Ph. 802.365.7979 Details: (Twn Clks have b, m, d, bur & land rec; Co Clk has div & ct rec from 1825; Pro Judge has pro rec) Towns Organized Before 1800: Athens 1780, Brattleboro 1753, Brookline 1794, Grafton 1754, Guilford 1754, Halifax 1750, Jamaica 1780, Londonderry 1780, Marlboro 1751, Newfane 1753, Putney 1753, Rockingham 1752, Townshend 1753, Woodbury 1781, Westminister 1752, Whitingham 1770, Wilmington 1751, Windham 1795 www.rootsweb.com/~vtwashin/index.htm
Places / Localities
Please refer to populated places for information about the cemeteries.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has North Adams, MA newspapers (1895-1977) covering local news that included Windham County residents.
There are two Windham County Probate Districts
- Marlboro District - Brattleboro, Dover, Dummerston, Guilford, Halifax, Marlboro, Newfane, Somerset, Stratton, Vernon, Wardsboro, Whitingham and Wilmington.
- Westminster District - Athens, Brookline, Grafton, Jamaica, Londonderry, Putney, Rockingham (including Bellows Falls), Townshend, Westminster and Windham.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Windham County
- The Windham County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Windham County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].