Windsor County, Vermont Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
Hartford :Locations Azra Wyman grave -- Advent Christian Campground, behind Mt.Olivet cemetery,Rt.5 Center of Town -- Center of Town Rd at King's Highway Lat 43.660N Long 72.382W Christian Street -- Rt 5 opposite Dothan Brook School Lat 43.688N Long 72.32W Delano-Savage -- Jct of Rt 14 and Jericho St Lat 43.68664N Long 72.39921W Hartford(Point) -- Rt 14 near I-91 overpass Lat 43.656N Long 72.328W Mt. Olivet -- Rt 5 near Bugbee St Lat 43.662N Long 72.312W Potwin Family Lot -- Potwin property off Red Barn Rd, Quechee (private) Quechee -- Old Quechee Rd,Quechee Lat 43.647N Long 72.416W Russtown -- North Hartland Rd near N Hartland town line, east side Lat 43.613N Long 72.354W Simonds/Simons -- Old King's Highway(off Town Farm Rd West Hartford) Lat 43.678N Long 72.451W old St Anthony's -- South Main St,adjacent to South End (cremations only) South End -- South Main St,adjacent to old St Anthony's Potter's Field -- Old River Rd on Paronto property Tucker -- Rt 14 near Sharon town line Lat 43.7211N Long 72.4203W (on private property) West Hartford -- Rt 14 near W Hartford bridge Lat 43.715N Long 72.418W Wright's Tomb -- VA Cut-off Rd, White River Junction
In April 1861 President Lincoln called for soldiers.
May 2, 1861, the First Vermont Regiment was mustered into service.
- Windsor County furnished 2 companies
- Company B, also known as Woodstock Light Infantry. Most men came from the town of Woodstock.
- Company E, also known as Cavendish Light Infantry. Most men came from the town of Cavendish.
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Windsor County
- The Windsor County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Windsor County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
A History of Royalton Vermont with Family Genealogies 1769-1911 (Evelyn M. Wood Lovejoy 1911)