Windsor County, Vermont Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Created 22 February 1781 from the Colonial lands. 
Places / Localities
Hartford :Locations Azra Wyman grave -- Advent Christian Campground, behind Mt.Olivet cemetery,Rt.5 Center of Town -- Center of Town Rd at King's Highway Lat 43.660N Long 72.382W Christian Street -- Rt 5 opposite Dothan Brook School Lat 43.688N Long 72.32W Delano-Savage -- Jct of Rt 14 and Jericho St Lat 43.68664N Long 72.39921W Hartford(Point) -- Rt 14 near I-91 overpass Lat 43.656N Long 72.328W Mt. Olivet -- Rt 5 near Bugbee St Lat 43.662N Long 72.312W Potwin Family Lot -- Potwin property off Red Barn Rd, Quechee (private) Quechee -- Old Quechee Rd,Quechee Lat 43.647N Long 72.416W Russtown -- North Hartland Rd near N Hartland town line, east side Lat 43.613N Long 72.354W Simonds/Simons -- Old King's Highway(off Town Farm Rd West Hartford) Lat 43.678N Long 72.451W old St Anthony's -- South Main St,adjacent to South End (cremations only) South End -- South Main St,adjacent to old St Anthony's Potter's Field -- Old River Rd on Paronto property Tucker -- Rt 14 near Sharon town line Lat 43.7211N Long 72.4203W (on private property) West Hartford -- Rt 14 near W Hartford bridge Lat 43.715N Long 72.418W Wright's Tomb -- VA Cut-off Rd, White River Junction
First Vermont Regiment was mustered into service May 2, 1861 with 782 men and mustered out in July 1861.
- Windsor County furnished 2 companies in the First Vermont Regiment
- Company B, also known as Woodstock Light Infantry. Most men came from the town of Woodstock.
- Company E, also known as Cavendish Light Infantry. Most men came from the town of Cavendish.
Second Vermont Regiment was muster in June 20,1861 and mustered out July 15, 1865. Relatively few recruits were from Windsor County, and most were scattered through companies C, E, and I.
Third Vermont Regiment was mustered in July 16, 1861 and mustered out July 11, 1865. Many men from Windsor enlisted in this regiment in all companies except company G.
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Windsor County
- The Windsor County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Windsor County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
A History of Royalton Vermont with Family Genealogies 1769-1911 (Evelyn M. Wood Lovejoy 1911)