Winston County, Mississippi Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Winston County; County Courthouse; PO Box Drawer 69; Louisville, MS 39339; Ph. 662.773.3631 Details: (Clk Chan Ct has ct, pro & land rec from 1834; Clk Cir Ct has m rec)
1833--Winston County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Louisville 
For tips on accessing Winston County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Winston County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Winston County.
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company D - New Prospect Greys
- Company E - Pettus Rebels
- Company F - Winston Rifles
- - Perrin's Battalion, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company C - Metts’ Company
- Company D - Perkins’ Company
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Metts’ Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).