Wisconsin Bible Records
A family Bible is a Bible that has family information recorded within it. A tradition among many families, family Bibles may be good sources of information about family members. They may provide names of parents, children, spouses, and their dates of birth, marriage, and death. If the information was recorded as the events occurred, it is usually regarded as reliable. In some families, Bible records may be the only place where vital records information was recorded. Generally, family Bibles are passed down to succeeding generations, but those no longer in the family's possession may be housed at historical or genealogical societies.
Wisconsin Family Bibles
- Kirkham, E. Kay. An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States. vol. 2. Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1984. (Family History Library book 973 D22kk v.2.) See section two, pp. 1–50, which includes Wisconsin.Other Libraries (WorldCat)
Online Family Bible Resources
- Many periodicals publish data from family Bibles. These are referenced in the "Families" section of the Periodical Source Index (PERSI) .
Family History Library Collections
- The Family History Library (FHL) has several collections of family Bible records for Wisconsin, including the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and county collections. These records can be found in the Family History Library Catalog under:
- Wisconsin - BIBLE RECORDS
- Wisconsin, [name of County] - BIBLE RECORDS