Witikon parish, Zürich, Switzerland Genealogy
Witikon originally belonged to the church parish of Grossmünster in the city of Zürich, although it was a filial church and received the right to conduct baptisms in 1598. In 1864, Witikon was established as an independent church parish. In 1934, it was absorbed into the church parish of Neumünster, but became independent again in 1954.
Locations within Witikon
(see here for article describing the Zürich census records)
The following censuses are available for Witikon:
|Census Year||FHL Film number||item number||beginning page|
(see here for article describing Swiss compiled genealogies)
The following genealogies have been researched for Witikon families:
The following surnames held citizenship in Witikon prior to 1875:
The town's website (in German) can be found here.