Wood County, Texas Genealogy
Template:Texas-stubUnited States > Texas > Counties W > Wood County adopted by Betty Miller and Betty Phillips
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The area was originally Caddo Indian country. The first settler arrived in 1824, the first school opened in 1852 and the first newspaper was published in 1845.
1878--Courthouse and all county records were destroyed by fire in December 1878.
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).