Worcester County, Massachusetts Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:42, 11 October 2008 by Dsammy (a)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- In 1997, the county governments of Middlesex, Berkshire, Essex, Hampden and Worcester were abolished.
- Their functions were turned over to state agencies.
- Sheriffs in these counties still administer jails but their employees are state employees.
- The legislation to abolish these county governments transferred Registeries of Deeds to the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- Bristol, Dukes, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth and Suffolk county governments remain substantially unchanged.
- Created 5 April 1731 from Hampshire, Middlesex and Suffolk counties
Places / Localities
Worcester, Fitchburg, Uxbridge, Mendon, Sturbridge, Milford, Uxbridge, more...
Societies and Libraries
- The Worcester County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Worcester County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Worcester County