WorldCat Online Catalog
WorldCat is a worldwide database of over one billion catalog records submitted by more than 57,000 contributing libraries in 112 countries and territories, as of January 2007. The database is continually growing as more libraries contribute. It is the world’s largest bibliographic database for materials held around the world but it is not comprehensive.
Searching WorldCat is simple:
- Go to http://www.worldcat.org/
- Type in some keywords for the title, subject or person. An advanced search option is also available.
- Click on the name of the title you need.
- Enter your location and then click "find libraries".
- Scroll down and click on the name of a holding library.
- Click on details to see description of the item. You can see a Full Record, Brief Record, or have A Look Inside. The Classmark is given as well as the availability of the item.
- Click on Request Interlibrary Loan to see details on lending, or check with your local library for assistance.