Wright County, Minnesota Genealogy
|Wright County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1855|
|Address|| Wright County Courthouse|
10 2nd Street NW
Buffalo, Mn 55313
Wright County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
License Bureau has birth and death records from 1871
and marriage records from 1866.
Court Administrator has divorce and court records from 1870 and probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
- 1855--Wright County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass and Sibley Counties. County seat: Buffalo 
- For a brief history of how Wright County was named, click here, then select Wright County.
- Hoar, Alfred Wyman. Lineage and family records of Alfred Wyman Hoar and his wife Josephine Jackson with notes on the early history of Wright County, Minnesota. Eagle Print. Co., 1898. Digital version at Internet Archive.
Civil War service men from Wright County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Wright County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company E.
Societies and Libraries
- St. Michael, Wright, Minnesota - Access website of the St. Michael Historical Society for databases of the St. Michael area and other genealogical research tools.
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wright County, Minnesota page 370, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).