Wright County, Minnesota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:54, 9 April 2012 by Elpe (Added resource for Local Histories)
Template:Minnesota-stub United States > Minnesota > Wright County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1855--Wright County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass and Sibley Counties. County seat: Buffalo 
- For a brief history of how Wright County was named, click here, then select Wright County.
- Hoar, Alfred Wyman. Lineage and family records of Alfred Wyman Hoar and his wife Josephine Jackson with notes on the early history of Wright County, Minnesota. Eagle Print. Co., 1898. Digital version at Internet Archive.
Civil War service men from Wright County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Wright County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company E.
Societies and Libraries
- St. Michael, Wright, Minnesota - Access website of the St. Michael Historical Society for databases of the St. Michael area and other genealogical research tools.
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).