Difference between revisions of "Yancey County, North Carolina Genealogy"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
'''Yancey County'''Courthouse<br>Burnsville, NC 28714 <br>818-682-2174<br><br>of Deeds has ,
&;from 1875, pr, ct <br>& land rec from 1870; Depart of Archive & <br>History in Raleigh, NC has older rec<>
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 16:02, 1 June 2012
|Yancey County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Yancey County Courthouse
Burnsville, NC 28714
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and burial records
Clerk Superior Court has divoce records from 1875, pr, ct
& land rec from 1870; Depart of Archive &
History in Raleigh, NC has older rec
Some early records are missing.
For tips on accessing Yancey County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Yancey County, North Carolina. Page 514 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).