York County, Maine Genealogy
|York County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
Location of Maine in the U.S.
|Founded||June 25, 1789|
|Address|| York County Courthouse|
45 Kennebank Road;
Alfred, ME 04002
York County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Record Loss
- 4 Places / Localities
- 4.1 Populated Places
- 4.2 Neighboring Counties
- 4.3 Resources
- 4.4 Societies and Libraries
- 4.5 Web Sites
- 4.6 References
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Clerk Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Probate has death and probate records from 1637.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1636. 
- History of York County, Maine. With illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers (1880) By W. Woodford Clayton. ebook at Internet Archive
Places / Localities
Cities ▪ Biddeford ▪ Saco
Villages ▪ Bald Head ▪ Cape Porpoise ▪ York Cliffs
- 1904 Transcription - only Kennebunkport
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Portsmouth,NH newspapers from the early 1900's covering local news that included residents from York County communities.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The York County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for York County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for York County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for York County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), York County, Maine page 305, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content