Yuma Arizona Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Visit The Yuma Family History Center and learn how to access millions of genealogical records from all over the world using on - site resources. The Yuma Family History Center has a large collection of extended loan films. We also have multiple books about many countries and all states, a collection of immigration books,Native American records, and historical records of Arizona and Yuma County.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 4300 West 16th Street, Yuma, Arizona 85364
- The Yuma Family History Center is located on 16th Steet, just west of Avenue C. The center occupies two rooms at the rear of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For your convenience, park on the north side of the church and ring the bell at the northwest entrance of the church.
- Location on Map
Phone: (928) 782- 6364
Summer Hours: April through October
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm & 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm & 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Winter Hours: November through March
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm & 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm & 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday: 9;00 am - 1;00 pm
Satuday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Closed for the full month of August
Holiday Schedule: Holiday Closures - Please call for information to verify hours during holidays.
- For further dates, times and events visit wiki.familysearch.org using key word "Yuma Family History Center".
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Basic Reference Materials:
Foreign Language Dictionaries
Maps and Gazetteers
State and Country Research Guides
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
Our Center is staffed by volunteers who understand the basic principles of family history research.
They can guide you in using the Family History Center's resources and equipment and can suggest
local libraries, archives, and societies that also provide genealogical and historical information.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)