FamilySearch Wiki:Portal de la comunidad
| Este artículo no está en español y debe ser traducido. Si no está traducido, puede ser propuesta para ser borrado.
Por favor, añada sus comentarios a la página de discusión.
Bienvenido a la página de la Comunidad de FamilySearch Wiki. Este es el lugar para saber qué cosas puede hacer usted para ayudar a que el Wiki de investigación crezca. Únase a un grupo de usuarios o comience uno en su área. Esté pendiente de lo que se va tratando y únase a los temas que se comentan.
Tip of the day...
- Help expand the knowledge in the Research Wiki by adding content to stub articles. The stub articles are identified as stubs because they are just the beginning of a full article about a specific subject. There are a lot of Stub articles to choose from. Just pick from the list of stub articles the one that interests you and have fun adding to what's already there. The article What is a stub? will give you ideas about content you can add to locality stub pages.
- Ayuda a expandir el conocimiento en el Wiki de la investigación mediante la adición de contenido con artículos. Los artículos se identifican como talones, ya que son sólo el comienzo de un artículo completo sobre un tema específico. Hay un montón de artículos Stub para elegir. Sólo tiene que elegir de la lista de artículos talón de la que le interesa, y divertirse añadiendo a lo que ya existe. El artículo ¿Qué es un trozo? le dará ideas sobre el contenido que puede agregar a las páginas trozo localidad
Community Bulletin Board
- List of changes to the Research Wiki skin
- The Research Outlines on FamilySearch.org were added to the Wiki several months ago. There is a current effort to make sure all the remaining Research Guidance and Research Helps content on FamilySearch.org is successful copied to the FamilySearch Research Wiki. You can help with this effort by joining the discussion efforts on the project page at: Task to Copy Research Guidance and Help Content.
Project pages seeking contributors
Discussions that are asking for wider attention include:
- There is an ongoing discussion about the development of record-type articles. The two discussion points include: (1) The headings that should be used in record-type articles, and (2) The pros and cons of having long article or short articles with multiple links between them. This discussion is taking place within the context of the Maryland Newspapers article. Join the discussion on the talk page at: Talk:Maryland Newspapers.
Help is Needed
Things to do
There are several articles throughout FamilySearch Wiki that refer to the Periodical Source Index (PERSI). Help improve the content by linking all the articles that discuss PERSI to the complete Periodical Source Index (PERSI) article that already exists in the Wiki. To find all the articles that discuss PERSI, type the term "persi" in the search box and click the Search button.
Idea #2 Help build the Danish content by participating in one of the following projects:
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Articles Needing Revision
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Directories
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Jurisdictions
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Lægd Numbers after 1869
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Newspapers
- FamilySearch Wikiproject: Danish Orphanages
- The United States Maps page needs a major overhaul. The current U.S. Maps page, which comes from the FamilySearch United States Research Outline, was written years ago with printed sources in mind. Today roughly 80% of a genealogist's needs for U.S. maps can be met by using a few incredible, free Websites. If you'd like to overhaul this page, have at it! For ideas, see the United States Maps discussion page.
- Add external links to articles
- Add internal links to articles
- Categorize articles- As of 18 Dec 2008 there are 1,880 pages in the Wiki without a category. All uncategorized page needs at least one category added to the page.
- Expand an article or short page
- Double redirects need fixing - 14 pages as of 18 Dec 2008 have double redirects. Each case needs to be fixed.
- Link dead end pages in FamilySearch Wiki to other pages as needed - 2139 pages as of 18 Dec 2008 that do not link to other pages in FamilySearchWiki.
- Uncategorized category pages - 31 category pages need at least one category added to the page.
- Unused Categories - 168 categories in the Wiki are unused as of 18 Dec 2008. Evaluate each instance and either delete, redirect, correct, or use the category.
- Stub Pages - As of 18 Dec 2008 there are over 5,000 wanted pages. The wanted pages are those that were created as a stub article, meaning the beginning of an article that needs to be written. There are two ways to view the list of stub/wanted pages, (1) Stub pages and (2) Wanted Pages. Both lists are the same, but are organized differently. Find one of interest and add what you know about the subject.
- Wanted Categories - As of 18 Dec 2008 there are 438 categories that need a description added to the category page.
Submit an article that needs a group effort to improve and expand the content. Every month, beginning January 2009, a new article will be featured here for collaborative improvement.