| Denna hjälpartikel kommer att guida dig när du redigerar i wikin. Se Hjälp för bidragsgivare för fler hjälpartiklar.|
Besök Wiki Help Forum om du har frågor.
Clicking on my preferences at the bottom right of the navigation bar while logged in allows you to change your preferences on the Wiki. You will see the User profile section which includes the ability to change your email preferences, as well as tabs across the top for changing other types of settings.
- Username: Your user name. Only administrators can change your username, and the wiki must also have the Renameuser extension installed.
- User ID: A number assigned to your account when you created it (for example, if your number is 42 you are the 42nd user to sign up at this particular wiki). This number is used for internal purposes.
- Number of edits: How many edits you have made. Not all wikis will have this.
- Real name: If provided, this will be used for attribution (rather than using your username). Providing your real name is entirely optional. Some wikis do not have this option.
- E-mail: Your email address, if you have supplied one. You can also change or remove your address here.
- Nickname: When you sign your name (using
~~~~), what you enter here will be used at the start instead of a simple link to your user page. By default, anything you enter here will be wrapped with
[[ ]]; if you want to use special linking, enable Raw signatures (without automatic link).
- Language: This controls what language the interface is displayed in. The default interface includes localisations for all supported languages, but this is not necessarily the case with extensions or custom skins. Page text will not be translated, nor will templates (unless the templates integrate text localisation).
To change your password, enter your old password in the first box and your new password in the last two. If you want this site to remember your login, check Remember my login on this computer.
If you have supplied an email address, you will need to click the verify address button in order to use these functions. You will receive an email; simply open it and follow the link to enable the following functions.
- E-mail me when a page I'm watching is changed
- E-mail me when my user talk page is changed
- E-mail me also for minor edits of pages
- Enable e-mail from other users
- Send me copies of emails I send to other users
From your preferences you can select what language you would like the interface to be in. Only the buttons like 'edit' and 'talk', in addition to a few pages in the sidebar, will be affected. The main text of the pages will not be changed by this for the vast majority of pages, although there are a few pages where it will, like some in the Wikimedia Meta Wiki.
Here you can choose the skin you want to use (use Preview if you want to see a skin before you choose it). By default, FamilySearchWiki includes the following skins:
While you can choose whatever skin you like, bear in mind that some wikis will incorporate templates or layout elements that will not display as intended in some of these skins. Generally speaking, sticking with whatever the wiki's default skin is will ensure you see pages as intended.
Here you can determine how images will be displayed. Images displayed by direct pasting of a URL (if the wiki has it enabled) will not be affected by this setting.
- Limit images on image description pages to: This setting lets you choose how big image previews will be on the Image: pages. If you know what your current screen resolution is you may like to set this to one or two sizes smaller than your own screen. If you have a slow connection (such as dial-up) you may want to limit them to 320×240.
- Thumbnail size: Define how big you want thumbnails to appear. This setting will not affect thumbnails with dimensions determined by an editor, nor can it increase images beyond their original dimensions.
Date and time
The following is normally rendered depending on preferences:
[[2001-01-05]] (or []-[[01-05]]) (with leading zeros) [] [[January 5]] ([] [[January 05]]) [[January 5]], [] ([[January 05]], []) [[5 January]] [] ([[05 January]] []) [[January 5]] ([[January 05]]) [[5 January]] ([[05 January]])
Settings to control editing of pages including the size of the edit box displayed and the location of the preview pane The rich editor can also be turned on or off in this section using the "Show edit toolbar" check box.
- Dagar att visa för de senaste ändringarna: Här kan du ange hur långt tillbaka sidorna för senaste ändringarna ska gå. Observera att listan kommer att sluta i förtid om antalet redigeringar överskrids (se nedan)
- Number of edits to show in recent changes: Here you can specify how many edits should be displayed.
- Hide minor edits in recent changes: This enables you to hide edits marked as minor (see Hjälp:Redigera en sida). Since some users will rapidly make a lot of tiny tweaks to update templates or fix spelling errors you may find enabling this to be useful. You can also turn this on temporarily from the recent changes page (see Hjälp:Spåra ändringar).
Setting to control the behavior of the watchlist (See Hjälp:Watchlist) Here you can set whether or not to watch pages that you have edited or created automatically. Most of these options are also available on the watchlist display itself, but by setting them in your preferences you control the default behaviour i.e. Every time you visit the watchlist it will do the same.
Default settings for searches including how many results to display and how much context to show for each result. Check the boxes next to the namespaces which you want to show up, the first time that you search for something. You can override this when doing an actual search, by checking or unchecking the boxes at the bottom of the search results screen.
Other settings such as display options for Diffs.